I crank out a few dozen blog posts per week at my day job (that might explain why things have been a bit more quiet around here lately). This requires a remarkable degree of discipline and coordination that I am still attaining. But there a TON of great blog posts out there that have helped me pick up ideas, inspiration, and general writing tips. Here are a few highlights from my trusty del.icio.us account:
- 9 Ways to Think about Linking in a Blog Post: Not everyone agrees with Penelope Trunk’s approach to careers, but you have to hand it to her, becaues she is a very savvy blogger who knows how to generate traffic and comments with her sharp, no-nonsense style. Read some of her other posts while you’re there!
- 7 Editing Tips for Professional and Nonprofessional Writers: If you want people to read your blog post or your article, then you’d better proofread it first. That’s where Lillie’s advice comes in handy.
- How to Generate Post Ideas When You Are Stuck: We’ve all been there, but Chris G. has the antidote. Thanks, Chris!
- Writing Your Freelance Business Website: Even great writers can have a tough time writing about themselves. Kristen Fischer offers a step-by-step guide to writing copy for that all-important website.
- Holiday Online Ettiquette: From Ink to Ether is one of my new favorite blogs and this post is particularly timely right now with many of us either gearing up for holiday downtime (I know, “gearing up for downtime” sounds like an oxymoron, but it’s true) or waiting to hear from editors on vacation.